First page Back Continue Last page Graphics
- Is a static class that provides access to information such as application messages, render kits, ViewRoots, ExternalContext, and so on
- Represents the current request that is processed
- Provides access to the world outside JSF
- Is a context object to support ADF Faces–specific functionality:
- Partial page rendering (PPR)
- Oracle Help
- Dialog framework support
FacesContext can be accessed from all over JSF as a static class. It provides access to the JSF APIs and functions, such as the message stack, which is compiled throughout the Faces request life cycle.
ExternalContext allows developers to work with the servlet API, as they are used to working with JSP and Struts. However, it is recommended that you use FacesContext for as long as possible.
FacesContext and ADFFacesContext are static classes.