Schematic Representation of a Query Process
The sequential process of how a page sends a value to be used to return records to the page is as follows:
1. You enter a wildcard in the Department field. This is a parameter for an executable binding (ExecuteDepartmentsWithParams).
2. Click Find to execute the find_action method using the ExecuteDepartmentsWithParams method.
3. The parameter value is passed into the deptNameVar1 variable for execution.
4. The ExecuteWithParams method is passed into the find_action method.
5. The source of the binding is the Data Control, which is part of the (6) Department View Object, which is represented in the page definition file as an iterator (7).
8. In the page definition, DepartmentsView1 contains all the attributes that are used to display on the page (9).