Examining Metadata File Relationships
The slide shows the relationship between the XML metadata files. The solid lines indicate the metadata hierarchy. The dotted lines indicate references to objects in the ADF binding. The asterisks denote that multiple files of this type may exist in the project.
At run time, the objects created from these files interact in the following sequence:
1. When you first request for an ADF data-bound Web page, the servlet registers the ADFBindingFilter Oracle ADF servlet filter named in the web.xml file.
2. The binding filter creates an empty binding context.
3. When a page is rendered, the binding filter asks the binding context to load a corresponding <page>PageDef.xml file for the page.
4. The binding context creates the binding container by loading the <pagename> file as referenced by the <pagemap> element from the DataBindings.cpx file.
5 adfm.xml loads the .cpx contents and finds the right PageDef.xml based on the <pagemap> element.
6. The binding container’s prepareModel phase prepares or refreshes all relevant executables. (By default, most are marked deferred.)
7. An iterator binding is executed by referencing the named method on the data control found via the data control factory named in the bc4j.xcfg file.