Installing the ADF Runtime to the WebLogic Installation
The Oracle WebLogic Server requires the ADF Runtime to run Oracle ADF applications. Installing the ADF Runtime is not required if you are using JDeveloper to run applications in the Integrated WLS. If you installed the Oracle WebLogic Server 10gR3 together with JDeveloper 11g by using the Oracle JDeveloper 11g Installer with the Application Development Framework Runtime option selected, then the ADF Runtime is already installed.
To install the ADF Runtime into an existing WebLogic Server, perform the following steps:
1. Start the Oracle JDeveloper 11g Installer as described in the Installation Guide. You can download the installer from Oracle Technology Network (OTN).
2. In the Choose Middleware Home directory page, select Use an existing Middleware Home, select the directory in which your Oracle WebLogic Server 10gR3 resides, and click Next.
3. In the Choose Products and Components page, choose Application Development Framework Runtime, deselect JDeveloper Studio if you do not want to install the JDeveloper IDE, and click Next. The Oracle WebLogic Server product and components should be gray and unselectable. If it is enabled and selected, you must check whether you have selected the correct Oracle WebLogic Server installation directory.
4. Follow the instructions in the Oracle JDeveloper 11g Installation Guide to complete the installation.
5. When the installation is complete, click Done.